Now that I’ve written that super-fancy title, here’s a not so fancy pasta (basically spaghetti with things thrown in-it’s all in the title). It’s a Saturday night, I’m having friends over, and in a first (in a long time) I’m cooking!
- 400 g of Spaghetti Pasta
- Basil Pesto sauce
- 1 tomato
- Black olives
- 10-15 almonds, grated.
- some garlic
- Boil the pasta in a large bowl. Remember to add some salt to the water so that it cooks well.
- As the pasta boils (sip on some wine now and then), cut up some broccoli, tomatoes and mushrooms. Put them to boil.
- Grate the almonds and keep aside. Cut up 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Take the basil pesto sauce and add cream to it.
- Now that you’ve got all the right mixes, you just have to put them together.
- Take the boiled pasta. Add the basil pesto cream sauce and the boiled veggies, olives to it. Toss well.
- In a small pan, add some olive oil to heat. In 30 seconds, add the grated almonds and garlic cloves. Fry.
- Add a bit more olive oil to the almonds and garlic cloves and pour it all over the pasta.
- Serve hot! (with sangria, preferably).